Microsoft’s Windows Phone got a very exiting and feature rich update last month which was named the “Windows Phone 8.1”,and Microsoft isn't launching Windows Phone 8.1 until sometime this summer but you can get hold of preview if you like. Here's how to download and install the Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview.
Normally registering as a developer to get early access to software is tricky and can cost money. However, there is a fairly easy way of registering with Microsoft for free in order to get your hands. Also keep in mind that, before you follow these steps to get Windows Phone 8.1, be aware that it will void your warranty until the update has officially rolled out the software. Updates will only include the Microsoft update, not additional OEM drivers/firmware. You can't revert to a prior OS version once you have taken an update via the developer program. However, you opt-out of pre-releases to then only receive production Windows Phone updates.
So now lets get started with the steps to update your WP Device
- Go to the Windows Phone App Studio on your Computer, and sign in with the same id that you use to login to your WP Device The URL is-http://appstudio.windowsphone.com/Projects
- When you are registered open the Store in your Windows Device and search the following app “Preview For Developers” also you can scan this QR Code with your device
- When the app is installed, sign in again with your id, and keep clicking on next, and yes till the app says Success!
- Now with that done- Open the Settings AppàGo to Phone Update, and then you will be notified of an Update
- Also keep in mind that you must have atleast 80% of battery in your device, or else it can brick your device, Also uncheck Battery Saver option if checked